40A 12V/24V/48V automatic recognition MPPT solar charge controllers with RS232 and LAN communication function
We can also provide 20A,25A, 30A, 50A and 60A this series MPPT controller to you.
Smart 2 series MPPT solar charger controller has model 20A, 30A, 40A, 50A and 60A currently. The MPPT controller has automatic max. power point tracking (MPPT) function with high efficiency that almost 30%~60% higher than traditional charge controller. It also features the functions of system voltage auto recognition (12V, 24V or 48V), wide range of PV input (Max. 150VDC), charge for all kinds of battery, automatic discharge control, RS 232 / LAN communication function and so on. It is very high-end product for solar market.
4. Charge mode: three stages ( fast charge, constant charge and floating charge). It prolongs service life of the batteries.
5. Discharge mode: ON/OFF mode, double time control mode, PV voltage control mode, PV voltage+time delay mode and son on.
6. Recommended battery types: sealed lead acid, vented, gel, NiCd battery, other types of the batteires can also be defined.
7. Most information could be provided by LCD and LED like: model No., PV input voltage, battery type, batteery voltage, charging current, charging power, working status and so on. Also customer's information like company name, website can be added into solar Eagle software.
8. RS232 and LAN communication port. IP and Gate address could be user define it satisfy global area. And communication protocol can be provied to help customer manage all information.
9. The upper computer software is displayed in 11 languages, it could show work status and set parameters of the discharge system.
10. With intelligent design, the device can be upgraded online lifelong.
11. Adopting the well-known brand components, the devices can suffer the temperature not less than 150oC. The service life is designed to use for 10 years in theory.
12. Compliance with the 2002/95/EC environment protecting demand, doesn't include the cadmium, hydride and fluoride, etc. materials.
Maximum Power Point Tracking
3 stages: fast charge(MPPT), constant voltage, floating charge
12V 24V 48V Automatic recognition
Soft Start Time
PV Modules Utilization Rate
MPPT Working Voltage and Range
Low Voltage Input Protection Point
Low Voltage Input Recovery Point
Max. DC voltage
Input Overvoltage Protection Point
Input Overvoltage Recovery Point
Max. PV Power
Selectable Battery Types(Default type is GEL battery)
Sealed lead acid, vented, Gel, NiCd battery (Default type is GEL battery, other types of the batteries also can be defined)
Please check the charge voltage according to the battery type form
Floating Charge Voltage
Over Charge Protection Voltage
Rated Output Current
Rated Charge Current
14.2V-(The highest temperature-25°C)*0.3
Output Ripples (peak)
Output Voltage Stability Precision
Charge Voltage Peak-Peak Ripple
Charger Voltage Accuracy
Controller or LAN
Max Discharge Current
Max Discharge Power
On in morning, off in morning/ On in night, off in night
PV Voltage Control
PV voltage on, PV voltage off
PV Voltage/Time Delay Control
PV voltageon, time delay off
Discharge Voltage Protection
Output off when it under setting voltage;Factory set is 10.5.(Note: set based on 1 battery)
1. RS232 Communication: Chose COM communication
2. LAN Communication: Set IP and Gate address for controller and solar eagle; then chose TCP communication.
Color: Blue/Green (Optional)
Safety: CE, RoHS, PSE,FCC
Themal Methods: Forced air cooling, fan speed rate regulated by temperature, when inner temperature is too low, fan ran slowly or stop; when controller stop working, fan also stop ran.
Components: World brand raw materials. Compliance with EU standards. All rated temperature of electrolytic capacitors not less than 105°C.
Environment Protection: Meet the 2002/95/EC without cadmium hydride fluoride, peculiar smell and toxic substances.
1. Input Low Voltage Protection/Input Overvoltage Protection: Check the input characteristics.
2. Input Polarity Reversal Protection: Yes.
3. Output Overvoltage Protection: Check the output characteristics.
4. Output Polarity Reversal Protection: Yes.
5. Short-circuit Protection: Recover after eliminating the Short-circuit fault, no problem for long term Short-circuit.
6. Temperature Protection: Above 85°C decrease the output power, decrease 3A per degree.
Humidity: 0-90%RH ( no condense)
Operating Temperature: -20°C - +40°C
Storage Temperature: -40°C - +75°C
Atmospheric Pressure: 70-106kPa
1. Clear LCD Screen Display
1. Alarm (Red): Controller in fault state 2. Power (Blue): Controller start to charge power
3. Load (Green): DC load turn on 4. UP: Page up and numerical increase
5. ESC: Exit and save data 6. Down: Page down and numerical reduction
7. Enter: Enter in
2. RS232 & LAN Communication Function
3. DC Direct Load and Max. Current
The load voltage is based on the battery system voltage. A 48VDC battery bank will make the load output 48VDC, etc.
The maximum load current is set at 30A. If exceeded an internal set of fuses will blow and will have to be replaced. A smaller external fuse is recommended.
4. High Quality Controller of MPPT Solar Controller
1. 1unit MPPT charge controller.
2. 2pcs Gallow pulley.
3. 4 sets Screw.
4. 1pc 232 turn to RJ45 communication cable.
5. Temperature sensing wire.
6. 1pc User manual.
7. 1pc software CD.
1. How to recognize a real MPPT solar controller
MPPT solar controller is with inductance core.
Digital integrated circuit design make MPPT solar controller with range PV input voltage and auto recognition the voltage of system (12V, 24V or 48V).
For MPPT solar controller, the input voltage is higher than output voltage; input current is lower than output current. But for PWM solar controller, the input voltage is the same as output voltage; input current is the same as output current.
MPPT solar controller (95-99%) is higher efficiency than PWM solar controller (60-70%).
MPPT solar controller is with three stage charging mode (CC, CV and CF), which can prolong the battery life-span 1-2 years. PWM solar controller most is with CC or CV charging mode, which can't protect battery very well.
2. Controller can be suitable for 12V, 24V and 48V system. Which system is most beneficiary for customers?
48V system is the best choice. Because the loss power is in proportion to the current (P=I2*R). In order to decrease the current value, increase the system voltage is the best choice.
Some customers may think lower current will influence the charging speed. Acturally, this is a misunderstand. The charging speed depends on the output power of the controller. It means choosing the highest voltage system is most beneficiary for customers.
3. Some customers asked " Why MPPT controller charging voltage is lower than PWM controller?"
As we know that MPPT controller is with three stage charging mode: fast charge, constant charge and floating charge. But PWM controller only has one charging mode: fast charge.
On the fast charge mode, controller will use the highest voltage or current to charge the battery (in the battery bear range), when battery capacity reaches to 80%, MPPT controller will change to constant charge mode. In constant charge and float charge modes, the MPPT controller charging current or voltage may lower than the PWM controller. In these two modes, MPPT controller put more attention to protect the battery. That's why MPPT controller can prolong the battery life-span.
If you really want to compare the charging voltage or current of MPPT controller with PWM controller, test the voltage on fast charge mode of MPPT controller.
4. What is voltage of the DC load?
The DC load voltage is the same as system voltage. If system voltage is 12V, the DC load voltage is also 12V.
5. How many MPPT controllers can be in parallel?
The same model MPPT controllers can be in parallel without quantity limitation.