SmartAX MA5683T is a Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) integrated optical access product.
This series features the industry’s first aggregation Optical Line Terminal (OLT), integrating ultra-high aggregation and switching capabilities, supporting 3.2T backplane capacity, 960G switching capacity, 512K MAC addresses, and a maximum of 44-channel 10 GE access or 768 GE ports.
Lowers Operations and Maintenance (O&M) costs with software versions for all three models that are fully compatible with service boards, and reduces quantities of stock required for spare parts.
Convergence and access integration
• Provides super large convergence switching capacity. Specifically, an MA5600T series device supports 1.5 Tbit/s backplane capacity, 960 Gbit/s switching capacity, and 512,000 MAC addresses. • Provides super high-density cascading capability. Specifically, an MA5683T device support a maximum of 24 x 10GE or 288 GE services, with no additional convergence switches.
• Provides highly reliable networking capabilities and ensures dual-OLT hot backup, remote disaster tolerance, and service upgrades without interruption. • Provides comprehensive Quality of Service (QoS) functions and supports traffic classification management, priority control, and bandwidth control. The Hierarchical-Quality of Service (H-QoS) function meets various Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements of commercial customers. • Provides an End-to-End (E2E) highly reliable design, enabling Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), Smart Link, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) redundancy protection and GPON type B/type C line protection in the upstream direction.
• Supports access of multiple E1 private line services, and Native Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) or Circuit Emulation Services over Packet (CESoP)/ Structure-Agnostic TDM over Packet (SAToP) function. • Supports the Emulated Local Area Network (ELAN) function and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN)-based internal traffic exchange, satisfying enterprise and community network application requirements. • Supports non-convergence access of Internet Protocol television (IPTV) users. One subrack supports 8,000 multicast users and 4,000 multicast channels.
• Supports GPON, 10G Passive Optical Network (PON), and 40G PON on a platform, enabling smooth evolution and achieving ultra-bandwidth access. • Supports IPv4/IPv6 dual stacks and IPv6 multicast, enabling smooth evolution from IPv4 to IPv6.
• Uses special chips for conserving power. Specifically, 16 ports on a GPON board consume less than 73 W of power. • Supports idle board automatic power-off and intelligent fan speed adjustment, effectively lowering idle board power consumption.
• 1.5T bit/s backplane capacity, 960G bit/s switch capacity, 512K MAC addresses • Line speed L2/L3 switching • Static route/RIP/OSPF/MPLS • TDM private line service with Native TDM or CESoP • BITS/E1/STM-1/Ethernet Synchronization/IEEE 1588v2/1PPS+ToD
GPON Line Card
• 8/16*port per card with pluggable SFP optical module(Class B+ or Class C+ are optional) • Up to 1:128 splitting ratio • Bidirectional FEC • ONU-based and queue-based traffic shaping • Rogue ONT detection and isolation • Type B / Type C protection and Type C dual-homing • Optical power meter (can support ±1dB precision) • eOTDR (1:8 splitting ratio)
10G GPON Line Card
• 4*port per card with pluggable XFP optical module • Up to 1:128 splitting ratio (N1) • Bidirectional FEC • Rogue ONT detection and isolation • Type B / Type C protection and Type C dual-homing • Coexist with GPON
Ethernet P2P Line Card
• 48 port per card with CSFP optical module, 768 ports per shelf • Port-based and queue-based traffic shaping • Single fiber double direction access, 100Mbit/s or 1000Mbit/s per port • DHCP Option 82 relay agent and PPPoE relay agent • Ethernet OAM • Ethernet synchronization
Dimensions (H x W x D)
263 mm x 442 mm x 283.2 mm
–40°C to +65°C 5% RH to 95% RH
–48V DC power input Dual-power supply protection Operating voltage range of –38.4V to –72V
Switching Capacity — Backplane Bus
Switching Capacity — Control Board
24 x 10G GPON 96 x GPON 288 x GE
Upstream ports: 10 GE optical and GE optical/electrical ports
Service ports: GPON optical port, P2P FE optical port, P2P GE optical port, and Ethernet optical port
Layer 2/Layer 3 line-rate forwarding
Static route, RIP, OSPF, and MPLS
Clock synchronization schemes: BITS, E1, STM-1, Ethernet clock synchronization, 1588v2, and 1PPS + ToD