The properties which give perlite filter aids a competitive advantage over competitive products are their not toxicity and low bulk density. Their low bulk density is very important for the cost effectiveness of the process because at the filtration bed it is the volume of filter aids that matters and not their mass. Perlite filter aids are also preferred in many industries because they allow filtration equipment to filter liquids at a faster rate and for a longer time without the filter septum to be blocked. Perlite filter aids are used in the filtration of wine, sugar and starch, beverages, edible oil, as well as pharmaceuticals and chemicals. Expanded perlite is an excellent filter aid, characterized by high purity and inertness. It has the property of forming
precoats and cakes of a large number of pores, which can trap effectively the various solid impurities from the liquid to be filtered. Their main advantages over competitive products are their non-toxicity and low bulk density. Perlite filteraids also facilitate the fast rate of filtration and high clarity of the liquid
1. Colour:white 2. Bulk density: 230~460kg/m3 3. Features: low- content harmful metals and non-metals rapid filter velocity good filtering effects 4. Use industry : beer or drinking, pharmaceutical, paint or coating, oil
Bulk density (kg/M3)
Suspended matter %
+100 mesh %
We can also produce other grade perlite with other use:
1. Perlite in the steel and Foundry Industries:
Perlite insulation is used in high temperature applications in the steel and foundry industries such as ladle topping, hot topping and risering, in topping compounds, in exothermic and insulating shapes, as a cushioning agent, in molding sand and in the manufacture of refractory blocks and bricks.
2. Agriculture perlite application:
THE ADVANTAGES OF AGRICULTURAL PERLITE
· Improves soil aeration and drainage.
· Makes moisture and nutrients readily available to plants.
· Inorganic and does not deteriorate.
· Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations.
· Has essentially neutral PH of 6.5 to 7.5.
· It is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
· It is clean, odorless, lightweight.
Benefites of Hydroponic culture :
· Horticultural perlite provides more constant moisture status aroun the roots at all times irrespective of we ather or stage of root growth.
· Perlite ensures more even watering throughout the grwoing area.
· Thera is less probability of over-watering with horticutlural perlite.
· Perlite culture avoids wasting of water and nutrients.
· The use of perlite eliminates the need to grade growing floors accurately.
Because of perlite's outstanding insulation, light weight, fire retardant and sound control characteristics and its being rot, vermin and termite resistant perlite is widely used in the following construction applications.